nuffnag ads

Thursday, February 17, 2011

English

I am writing this because someone urged me to do so and commenting that "your blog did not update for Dinosaur age already". And, since our Vice Chancellor wants us to improve our English and so the University Malaya ranking in top 100 in 5 years, let's talk about English.

Well, writing in English is not a major issue of me now, they are many other aspects that I need to improve. Firstly, I want to express my boundless gratitude to my english tuition teacher, Mr Wong H. Soon, aka Mr Wong Handsome(he always praises himself like that)! Without him I can never write properly. He teaches me of how to use those bombastic words superfluously and most importantly, constructing sentences with correct grammar. I know I still make errors now and then, but I have improved a lot. I really mean alot! By quantum leap.

However, if you want me to speak in English, I find it quite hard to do so, especially when I am 'forced' to speak. Example of those forced-to-speak-English-circumstances: presentation, impromptu speech, speaking with a very proficient english speaker...It feel sucked you know for being not able to speak or to convey your message properly. And i had this abominable experience for consecutive 2 weeks in my Critical thinking class where my lecturer wanted me to talk anything impromptuly for just 1 minute and presenting of the topic given by him. I had done it quite badly and now I am feeling so inferior.

So, what should i do now to improve my speaking? Speaking english with my classmates always seem like a good option. And you thought I never try that before? It doesn't work for me, since they just reply me back with mandarin and then I will loose my interest to talk in English anymore. How about try mixing with the foreigner students?? It sounds good too, but too bad I have no the courage to take the initiative to talk with them. And there's some personal reasons that repel me from getting near to them too actually.

So, what is your opinion? How do you improve your speaking fast and effectively??

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Get an English GF~

nostalgia.jesskang said...

speaking more in english really helps..

Total Pageviews