nuffnag ads

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pudu Raya Bus Station

Finally, they have finished renovating this bus station!

Overall, I am quite satisfied with what they have done to improve the old bus station. It is now alot brighter, cleaner, and comfortable. Except, I find the toilets are too far from the waiting area. Please, imagine yourself having to carry 1 big hand carry, 1 big luggage, 1 shoulder sling bag, and another backpack...and you need to drag all of these things with you for a f*king distance to find a toilet for you to ease yourself.Then when you are outside the toilet, you start to think where you should put these things, because you are all alone to wait for your bus! ...May be you will want to beg a differ about what I am complaining, but this was what happened to me during the day when I came back from KL after finishing my final examination. I had no time to explore throughly the whole area and found a shorter route to the toilets!

ok, stop talking gibberish. What I want to point out today is this! Look below...
Cool platform??
Now look clearly....

The sign above stating that you need to press the button in order to open the glass door of the platform when you want to enter/out of the platform. What makes me wondering is that, don't you think the "half-automatic" (since you need to press the button before the electricity kicks in and opens the door for you) door design is not suitable here? Every time, you want to enter, u have to press that thing before the door opens. And there is thousands of people using it daily! Will the door able to serve this large number of people before going haywire?? What should these people do if their platform door fails to open and let them in? Go to another platform nearby and then go down to search for the bus where it is supposed to stop??



Hmmm...may be it is just me that over think about the design. May be it really can serve up to many people, many years without any problems..

Just wait to see if many problems will surface soon...

Till then, I have much thing to explore in the new bus station, for i did not do that that day!

No comments :

Total Pageviews