nuffnag ads

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My English Presentation Lecturer


It has been quite some time I do not update this blog. Don’t worry about me. My life is as interesting and eventful as always. And as much as I would love to share with you all of some fascinating movies that I have watched recently (have you watched Romancing in Thin Air?? It is damn touching and it is starred by my favourite actresses – Sammi Cheng & Louis Koo), Saturday nights out doing crazy stuff with my bosom friends, new games that I am so deeply engrossed in, it is difficult for me to juggle between my studies and play (boooo…excuse, you are just being lackadaisical). I only write according to my whim and it often goes away so fast that I manage to write down the title with the blank body in the end..=.=

However, I must blog about this awesome person that I have come across to in my life recently. She is lovely, adorable, amiable, energetic, bubbly….(insert all those positive good adjectives  you know here, as the ones that I mentioned fail to do the justice to aptly describe her). You may wonder who is that great person and might even suspicious about my words, but she is real and the only and only Mrs J that teaches me English Presentation for this semester.

I am not going to dwell into the topics of what presentation skills that she has taught us in the class, instead, I want to talk about all the things that she has done in class (or outside the class) that make her such a special teacher to me.

She gave me the impression of a foreign teacher at the first sight of seeing her as the way she dresses herself and speaks is utterly different from any other teachers/lecturers that I have met so far. Besides that, before she told us about her age, my friends and I were already making some lame guesses that she must be some 50+ years old woman. But much to our astonishment later, as she revealed us her age, we were totally gobsmacked to hear that she is already 71 this year!! *jawdropped to the max!*

Not only does she teach us according to the syllabus, she teaches us some interesting life facts that I have always taken for granted. At the first lesson, she corrected our way of gripping the pen/pencil. (I bet the only teacher who taught you of how to hold a pencil correctly was your kindergarten teacher, and no one in your life after that has ever reminded you that you hold your pencil incorrectly!) Besides that, in today’s lesson (the 2nd lesson), we were taught on the way to walk confidently (part of the presentation skill too). She also emphasized on the way of how we should sit properly and do some soft stomping actions in between so that to prevent ourselves from getting fatigued from this long sedentary action.

Also, I am elated to be invited to join her ELTLA closed group in Facebook. It is  ##A platform to bring together all those who teach and want to learn the English Language. You may participate by sharing your ideas, thoughts, jokes, material or whatever information (within the ambit of the law, please)... Interact and learn what you can for I believe that "A teacher who stops learning today will be teaching badly tomorrow"... And anyone can learn something if he or she is humble enough to see that the monopoly of knowledge is not just with those who are highly qualified.##(copy paste from the group). Immediately after I joined the group, I was given a warm welcome by the friendly people there. I commented on the welcoming post I was tagged by Mrs J, and promptly, they corrected the grammatical errors that I made in my comments (yes, in front of other group members, have to recheck my comments from now onwards) as they feel that this is the fast way to learn English!

Let’s hope that after 10+ more lectures with Mrs J, I will be able to conquer my greatest fear of having to stand in front of people to speak and present myself, my ideas… Rome wans’t built in a day. I must be humble to learn and bear to be corrected by other group members, lol, and have faith in Mrs J teaching that I will be able to speak confidently eventually. 

To read more about Mrs J and her writings, do not hesitate to visit here and here!







PS: I am ready to be *** by the group member as I am going to post this blog in the group....And sorry for the lack of pictures in this entry. Will try to ask  for permission to take picture with Mrs J next time!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

"It has been quite some time I do not update this blog."

*It has been quite some time since I last updated this blog.

:-) Cheers!! Welcome to the group!

Total Pageviews