nuffnag ads

Thursday, March 15, 2012

My first presentation with Mrs. J


Time marches on relentlessly.

In the blink of an eye, here we are – in the 5th week of this semester. You might wonder why I keep on emphasizing this 5th week and this particular day? Well may be this is just another ordinary day for you, but it certainly is a BIG significant day for us, the students who take Effective Presentation Course with Mrs J. We were assigned to talk on the introduction of our respective topic.(you might think ceh, just introduction only mah). But, let me assure you, in that mere few minutes of time, innumerable mistakes could happen.
A picture paints a thousand words.

How about a video?? It depicts millions or billions of words? Certainly, I am not going to count on them ( don’t tell me you are going to do it!). Here’s the video recorded when I was giving my presentation.




Just in case you can’t hear clearly of what I had said, let me translate the video into words (lol, you are not going to see billions of words at below).

I have chosen the topic to talk on the renowned Pop singer, Katy Perry.
Due to jitters and butterflies in my stomach, my speech wasn’t perfect and it is still far from impeccable. But, I don’t think I loused it up either. Here is the introduction I meant to deliver during the presentation.
Playing Katy Perry’s song – Firework as attention getter. Then start by saying these:

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. My name’s Kingsley. I am Katy Perry’s backup singer (LOL) who has been working along with her in many live performances and concert tours.
Today, I am elected to be given this opportunity to stand here and deliver a speech on Katy Perry. The objective of my talk is to introduce Katy Perry to you, to talk about her background, things she does and her achievements.
My talk shall only last 10 minutes. Besides that, I’ve also divided my talk into three main parts. Firstly, I would like to talk on Katy Perry’s musical style. Secondly, we will move on into her wardrobe, to see what she wears in her daily life and during live performances. Lastly, I would love to talk about her other business or artistic ventures too.
I’ll be glad to answer any of your questions at the end of my talk.
Ladies and gentlemen,
I have a great news to tell. As you leave this hall after I’ve finished my talk, please feel free to pick up a free copy of Katy Perry’s latest album at the exit.
Thank you.

Have you managed to catch up Mrs J’s comments on my presentation? What do you think about her comments and my presentation? Please don’t hesitate to comment. Be it a good or bad one, I will endeavor to do my best in speaking English and be able to deliver an efficacious presentation next time!

Before I end this post, I would like to thank Mrs J for her ceaseless effort in guiding us to be a better presenter/person (yea, she talks other things too besides giving lectures). She is very patient, encouraging and meticulous in giving her comments/while correcting our mistakes.
Thanks, Mrs J. I must say that I have had a good fortune to be in your class!



No comments :

Total Pageviews