nuffnag ads

Monday, January 28, 2013

Apple: EarPods

As Apple announced the launch of their newly designed earbuds (known as EarPods) together with iPhone 5 last September, I was immediately gripped by this white accessory more than the phone itself. Since I know I will not get myself a new iPhone in near future, I was also in doubt if I should buy this EarPods separately.

Doubts in my mind:

  1. Everyone knows that Apple accessories do not come cheap.
  2. Not sure how different it is with the previous apple earbuds.
  3. Is it capable of drowning out the ambience noise?
  4. How strong the bass is?
At first, I tried to dismiss all the desires of owning this accessory by convincing myself that the EarPods would not worth the money it cost. Then, when my sister got her iPhone 5, I got the chance to test the EarPods and was totally blown away by the sound quality. (There is no testing of the EarPods at the stores..*frustrated*)

Here are some pros and cons of the EarPods (based on my own experience after using the product).

PROS:
  1. The bass has significantly improved compared to the previous Apple earbuds. The bass is adequately strong but do not hurt to my ears over an extended period of usage time. 
  2. Its eargonomic design (pun intended) ensures that the EarPods will fit snugly&comfortably in my ears. 
  3. Sound quality is better than the previous earbuds and able to drown out more surrounding noises.
  4. Hard plastic is used for the outer shell of the EarPods. It shines and looks cool! The previous earbuds contain some rubbery parts which may peel off especially if you always pull it in and out of your pocket.
  5. It cost at an affordable price, RM109 with acceptable sound quality.
Cons:
  1. The wire may tangle up if is not kept properly.
  2. Ambience noise is not muffled out completely or as effectively as the in-ear earphone.
  3. The white wire may get dirty after some time. (Isn't this common to all your Apple cables?)


Pictures showing the product.
The EarPods

Old earbuds and new EarPods

It fits well in almost everyone's ears, as boasted by Apple.


My own EarPods and ugly fingers

The case it comes with when you buy it separately from the iPhone or other latest iPods. It cost RM109 here.

Back. EarPods with Remote and Mic. Sorry for not reviewing the remote and mic here. 



Overall, I love this earphone and it really makes me want to listen to music more.. LOL, which is bad, considering it might hurt the hearing if used excessively. 


PS: The EarPods also comes under one year warranty. I bought it at the Switch (Apple Premium Reseller) in Queensbay Mall, Penang.


No comments :

Total Pageviews