nuffnag ads

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The K Wave

I  never liked the Korean Wave because of several reasons:
  1. I think it is over-rated.
  2. I think most of the times the songs and dramas are over commercialized.
  3. The artists are always looking perfect. I cant help but to think they have done something on themselves, thus it is difficult for me to be inspired to follow these artists.
  4. I don't like to be bathed in the mainstream. 
But I never detest them ok?

While I was doing preparations for my final examinations recently, I came across some songs that I quite enjoy.

Reasons I like them:
  1.  I dont know those artists, indirectly, making me feel that they are not that mainstream, over-rated, commercialized. 
  2. The songs that I listen to are mostly ballad and not those upbeat KPOP songs that are annoyingly (not all but some) blared by every speakers you can find in the malls. 
  3. I dont know the words they sing, it is less distracting, and hence I can enjoy the music while doing revisions. 

These are two (of a few other songs) that I quite enjoy listening  to them recently.
Since I already finished my examination and having holiday now, may be it's time for me to find out what those songs really mean and explore more about the K-Wave. May be one day I will fall in love with the K Wave and go gaga about the their culture?



** Please forgive my ignorance if the two songs posted above are very maintsream and sung by very popular, well known singers whom I casually labelled them as not-that-mainstream because of my ignorance to find out who are they.

No comments :

Total Pageviews