nuffnag ads

Thursday, August 29, 2013

#AnnoyingTravelBoy 5 - A Day in HouLi (后裏一日游)

 Sorry for lack of updates...I'm gonna try to blog my whole trip in Taiwan as best as I can =X



This specific day (I forget when was the exact date, let's call it as "today") started with a 3 hours English lesson with a Taiwanese teacher. I was very excited to be in the class as English is always my favourite subject and language. I feel that the Taiwanese teacher is so cute. It was fun listening to her American accent and I strongly felt that she resembled closely to Mrs Bree Vam De Camp from Desperate Housewives....LOL..She introduced us a few famous poems...
I wandered lonely as a cloud or also commonly known as 'Daffodils'
Before she started to explain this poem to us, i flipped through the notes and  I was instantly gripped by the familiarity of these beautiful words and sentences, which seemingly blossoming sprightly in front of my eyes, luring my mind into retrieving the memory of how I had first known this poem.

The reason I couldn't instantly recognize this poem was because I was fooled by the title itself. Previously when I was introduced to this poem, it was titled as Daffodils. It is so nostalgic as I still can remember the friend who read and explained this beautiful poem to me.

"N, remember those times when we used to chat a lot through Skype?? How's life in Melbourne?? I miss you so much!!"



After the interesting class (most of my friends thought it was boring and ironic to learn English from a Taiwanese, they couldnt wait to end the class immediately...=X), I joined my friends to go to HouLi.
We went there by train (like KTM in Malaysia), departing from TaiChung Train Station 臺中火車站. It was my first time to take train from here. This place is always bustling with the locals, travelers and also foreign workers!!

While waiting at the platform for the train to come.

太神奇了,怎麽platform華語會是‘月台’,’陽臺‘的反義詞嗎???

Picturesque scenery zooming past us. 
This is how the train looks like. My friends and I had our lunch here as we were eager to try the 'train lunchbox' 鐵路便當, as it is stated online as one of the must-do things when you visit Taiwan.

View from the exit of HouLi station. The sun was hung high, dissipating its harmful scorching UV mercilessly through the summer sky of Taiwan.when we reached the destination around 3pm. We came here to cycle around the countryside but I was quickly chickened out by the hot weather. 

Instead of cycling around the beautiful countryside, I went to 7-11 and had this cool refreshing plum juice......'What a waste to travel so far yet unwilling to walk under the sun to experience Taiwan!' This is how people will think if they travel, but honestly, I couldnt stand the heat at all..I felt like dying to go outside, let alone cycling under the hot sun!!!

But, i did go to explore the place a bit after the sun started to make its way down the horizon.

This cycling path is lined with greenery, and the buzzing sound of cicada.

This is the girl that had accompanied throughout my afternoon who was also unwilling to be exposed to the sun. We chatted a lot in the 7-11 about music and singers we listen to. It was fun for me to guess the English names of the English/American singers whom the Taiwanese always translate them into Chinese!

Sunset-ting.
HouLi is a very quaint place where you can find a lot of old-fashioned houses, which come in all sizes, heights and shapes, and line along the main road leading to the train station.

Chiwawa reared by the shop owner beside the bicycle rental shop.

Cute chiwawa rolling on the floor. 

Another picture before saying good bye to this place!

After that, I accompanied the girl to another Night Market again.....

沒錯的話,這裡應該是逢源.

The ubiquitous local food, minced pork rice.滷肉飯
It is so simple yet delicious. Always would go for this local food when I hankered  for simple lunches or dinners.

Found a triplet chopstick while we had our dinner...
I didnt think it was a lucky sign as later on I was pricked by the sawdust of the chopstick i used!
How another had ended....

No comments :

Total Pageviews