nuffnag ads

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Penang Trip with my coursemates (9/5/2010~12/5/2010) Part 1



Yes...Finally i have finished my first year studies, 1 week ago, in University Malaya. I am happy that I did put in more effort in this semester. Let's hope for a better result. I don't want to see me getting any execrable results anymore!

The next day (8/5/2010) right after I came back to hometown, Nibong Tebal, I had a small gathering with my old hometown friends at Pulau Aman. The group consisted of all girls except me. Originally, the girl came here to collect some shells and other edible seafood, but since it was rising tide at the moment, they had to cancel their plan and strolled along the island instead. Before we left, of course, we indulged ourselves with the local seafood. The seafood sold here are all fresh. It's a shame if you come here without eating/buying these seafood.


Big and sweet tasting "Peeing Prawn"(in cantonesse)

Mee Udang (Prawn MEE)

Limau Ais (Lime Water)

Fried Rice with big Prawns

One day in Pulau Aman


Then, next day again, I repacked my luggage and went to Penang island with my coursemates. We did not have any plan earlier for this trip and it turned out to be a food-hunting trip instead. Since, we had to wait for all the other friends come from different parts of Malaysia, it was already evening when we all gathered together at Bukit Mertajam. We then went to Bukit Tambun to eat seafood. As, it was Mother's day, the restaurant was crowded with customers. We had ordered 7 or 8 dishes, but as they were so busy with other customers, they seemed forgot to serve us the remaining dishes. So we just cancelled our order and went to another station. We went back to Bukit Mertajam again to eat Keuy Teow Basah.Yea, it was a Malay prepared food. I wondered why Ah How & Andy (penangkia) brought us to eat Malay food when we already have so much chance to eat that in our campus! However, after I ate the Kuey Teow, I had to give the food a thum up. It was simple yet delicious. We had some satay too at the stall. After the first station (at Bukit Mertajam), we had Tom Yam at Butterworth. For me, it was just so-so, cause I can always find the taste anywhere, it is common, nothing special. As you know, our weather now is freakingly hot, all of us drenched through our shirt with sweats while eating the TOM YAM. After that, we drove to the island and checked in to Sri Sayang Apartment which is located at Batu Ferringi.

On the second day of this Penang Island Trip, we had our breakfast in a KOPITIAM. There were various food that we ordered. Among the food that we ordered and I still can remember are:
1) fried noodle (tee ks's order)
2) penang prawn mee a.k.a Hokkien Mee (han leong's order)
3) fried kuey kak (the rest of us order)
4) otak-otak
5) zhu cheong fan
Then, we visited the Nyonya Baba Residence (one of the renowned heritage in Penang Island). The visiting ticket is RM10 per person and we were given explanation by the tourist inside that place. Things that I know overall is that the big mansion was owned by a Chinese businessman who came from China ages ago (what was his name and when he came Malaysia I did not mind to remember). The guy married a few wives. He must be freaking rich to own that big place at that time!

In one of the mansion's bedrooms (weeding theme), they even got the chicken like what showed in TV!

Ancient Camera

Next, we visited Kek Lok Si. I haven't been here since ages ago too. I don't fancy this place, because it is hot and nothing to see or do here.We also took the cable car up the hill to see the newly build huge Guan Ying statue. Except the statue, I found nothing to do here too. Therefore, we did not stop long here for this station. After coming down from Kek Lok Si, we went to eat Laksa (my most favourite food)



The huge Guan Ying Statue


We also got the chance to eat the Penang's most delicious and popular cendol. There are alot of articles pasted on the walls showing how many foreigners come along here to make documentary about it and also some local celebrities promoting the great food too!




In the evening, we stopped at Esplanade Road t0 eat "ciam-ciam"(Rojak), but the stall seemed already shut down. So we stopped there to take a few pictures only. The breeze was very strong at that moment.

It was Miss Li Yong's (middle girl, with purple strips sleeves-less shirt) 2nd visit to Penang Island since she was born.

2 of the 4 Penang-kias (Andy & Kher Shing), but all 4 of us are not from Island. We live at Seberang Jaya(Province Wallesley, nice old enlish name of Sebrang Jaya).

3 comments :

西门 said...

Seems you enjoyed the trip, I am heading Fraser's Hill next Monday.

Rien said...

i will go penang next time =)
if can seek for ur hlp?XD

Unknown said...

chaosrain...i dunno penang route...they are so confusing

Total Pageviews