nuffnag ads

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hanging out with myself ..

I went watching movie yesterday (20/7/2011) at Penang Queensbat Mall, alone. How sad and pity, huh? Well, it is true that hanging out with friends is more enjoyable, but sometimes friends are not always there for you! Unlike many of my friends, I am currently a jobless penurious student who is having his 4 months semester break (1 months + left). Many of them are either working or have to take care of their other responsibilities. Don't say that I am being idle and do not even try to find a job. I did! I found a part time job and worked for 1 week (4 days to be exact) before I quit the job. I worked as a storekeeper in a pharmacy near my house, and it just didn't come to my mind before that the job could be so physically taxing. 

Just forget about the crappiest job that I ever had.
Back to the movie..
I have never been a avid Harry Potter movie fan. I don't really enjoy the movies because the movies are inadequate as compared to the novels. I know I can't make comparison between books and movies because they are made differently to be commercially successful. After seeing many rave reviews from those who had watched it, somehow the movie managed to stir my enthusiasm, or rather curiosity to watch it in theater.


I watched the movie in 3D because I missed the 11.30am show (normal 2D film) and I didn't want to wait long. It only cost me RM13 for a 3D film! The cheapest 3D movie that i ever have so far..Normally, if I watch it in KL, the 3D film costs around RM18. I am not sure the reason why it was so cheap. Perhaps, it was a movie day? There are not much 3D effects in the Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows movie. Besides the obvious depth (how far people are standing away from each other) that the movie shows, I did not see other stunning effects. They should have made those magical magicky (haha..i prefer the word magicky here, though u cant find it in dictionary) scenes more enchanting because I suppose, magic is majestic right?


Should I label myself as a voracious reader of Harry Potter because I own these books? I only started to collect the novels when I was studying in Form 4 (the last book was released the year after that which was July 2007). It was part of my plan to encourage myself to read in English and I did not know any best selling authors besides the well known J.K.Rowling, so I ended up collecting all her Harry Potter novels eventually. Notice the first to six books are in paperback? By the time, I had finished reading the first six books it was about time the 7th book was released. I never thought my mom would allow me to buy it after its immediate release (because it is expensive and she wanted me to focus on my SPM!) But, she just did it (this explains why the last book is in hardcover) and I promised I won't neglect my studies. I still remember the monthly test was around the corner that time, and I only allowed myself to read 10pages per day. But surely you know I won't stick to my own promise. I read more than that!


Side view of all of the novels *love* and a short story book


The Tales of Beedle the Bard as mentioned in the last book of Harry Potter. It is stories for children in the wizardry world while the Muggle born have Cinderella, Snow white..etc..

Hermione inherited the books from Dumbledore after his death. It was written in ancient runes that only Hermione was able to decipher the text. And thanks to her, she translated the book and now we can read it in English!

You can find the story for the Elder wand, Resurrection stone and The Invisibility Cloak in this chapter.

The ageing in book. Hate those brown blotches. Kill you book worms!


I had my haircut after the movie. I was intending to keep long hair but my mom insists me keeping it short because of the coming Ghost month. She doesn't want me to get into any bad luck things. As a good boy *ahem* and not to worry my mom, I cut my hair..Had my hair cut in HairIcon which is recommended by my friend.  The haircut was okok, because it doesn't change me much (perhaps most hairstylists think that is the most suitable hairstyle for me?). My friends surely will doubt if I already cut my hair if they see me. They always give me that comment when in fact I just cut my hair.I am so gonna take the makeover challenge organized their academy - The School Hair Academy in this August. You can find out more about the challenge here and the academy here.
Grab a few leaflets before I left..
Leaflets about the salon and the academy



The School International Hair Academy. Find out more what you can do in the academy (here). 

I rarely go to Queensbay mall. The last time I visited the mall was a year ago! I had no problem finding my way to get there, but I lost in the island when on my way home...


Two camwhore pic at home after I managed to find my way back  ><











6 comments :

Anonymous said...

when u lost in island..cn msg or call me ma..lye lye

Unknown said...

@thanks! I just need to see the Butterworth direction, but sometimes i lost track of the road sign

Unknown said...

I wish to borrow your books! I only got chinese version...hhehehehe...economy insufficient.

Unknown said...

@June
Harry Potter in paperback (english version) are almost same price with their chinese version if i m not wrong. Or even worse, the chinese is more expensive. But if u buy it when it is newly released, then the english version is more expensive la

nostalgia.jesskang said...

I will bring you The Lost Symbol when i go back next week! haha.. to kill your boredom..

Unknown said...

@jess
i have read the book

Total Pageviews