nuffnag ads

Thursday, February 7, 2013

One of those bleak helpless moments

When I was in that moment earlier today, I felt helpless and insecure, not sure what I could do to get me out of the plight I was facing. But I must thank God, the mighty HIM, had led me safely to home, in one piece.

It was a rainy day and I had to turn on the headlight of my car when I was on the way to pick up my friend and go for a drink. We stopped at the first restaurant (Stone Age restaurant at Bukit Mertajam) and ordered two drinks (LOL) as none of us were hungry. We spent a few hours chatting there, trying to catch up with each other's life, like we are some long lost friend,but in fact, we hand't just met for 3 weeks.
As it was still quite early, we decided to go to another shop for some dessert. You may wonder why there are so many things to be discussed between us, the two guy friends, and what had been said during these few hours. We talked a lot and I am not sure now what we had talked. And really, it is not important of what we talked had anything to do with this post.

SO, I shall proceed the story...

Then, after buying some hair dye ( really it is not important what we bought too) and daily products at Guardian (not important too), we walked to the my car, taking out the car remote control to unlock the doors.
"Tok" One sound. Hmmmm...It is a locking sound. I turned to my friend, jokingly saying how careless I was to leave my car unlocked.
When I reached for the door handle, the car was still locked. I tried the controller again, and nothing happened to the locks as they sat stubbornly still in the sinking position ( when eject/unlocked, they will be in higher position, get what i mean?). So I thought may be the controller was running out of battery and hence used the car keys to unlock the door.
As we got into the car and tried to start the engine, the car engine ignition sound halted. It was then that I realized that I did not turn off the headlights since I stopped at the first restaurant.

I must say that I am thankful to my friend and feel lucky to have him when we were in trouble, though, I also feel bad to drag him into the problem created by my own carelessness/negligence.

We called a few friends who stay at the nearby area to ask if they have jumper cable and battery to recharge my disabled car. But the 2 friends I asked do not have the cable and they further assist me by giving me the car repairman number.

My friend (who was there with me) called home and his dad sent us his friend, a car repairman, to our rescue. We waited for an approximately half an hour before the repairman came. We did not just stand still and do nothing in this half hour. Instead we tried to seek for the security guard's help but none could be found in the area (we were already at AutoCity that time).

Half an hour gone, and finally the repairman came. It was fortunate that the repairman was friendly and patient with me. He checked, recharged my battery and said that it is not necessary to replace the car battery as it is still functional. He charged us RM15 for the service. If you think this is a king's ransom or unreasonable price for the service provided, well, begger can't be the chooser, I would be willing to pay even a bit more just to get home safely.

Then, I sent my friend home and am glad that I have reached home safely....Though I felt jittery that the car might fail on me again during the whole journey going home.




Of course, this is another not so important dessert picture.



PS: I dont feel it is an unlucky day for me, as I learned something through the problem. 

No comments :

Total Pageviews