nuffnag ads

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Being in Ipoh

It has been quite a long time since my last update...
I remember I was quite down during the time I last updated my blog, with all the final examnination stress (oh, really?) and some happenings that I take them quite personally, seriously and dont want to tell. (bitch please, if you dont want to tell please dont write anything about it here.)

okok...
In this post, I am going to tell you (or my mere record of my life so that I can look back upon later in my life) about my first week staying in Ipoh.

The reason I am moving to this quaint town is because I got a placement in a factory here for my internship. I am very grateful to my coursemate, Mr T, for letting me to stay with him and his family. Not only does my accomodation problem is solved, living with his family also means I don't have to worry about cooking, doing laundry, cleaning house! HAHA...Imagine how much inconviniences this all would cost me if I got a placement in KL!So, I must again say that "thaank you, thank you, thank you" to my friend and his family. I hope that my 10 weeks stay will not bring many troubles and inconvieneces to them.

Haha..Since it is Sunday, I don't want to talk about my work. If you insist (bitch please, I don't!), I will tell you what I did for last week!
I am assigned to Quality Assurance department of this company. All I did last week was reading manuals of my department so that to familiarize myself with the operation of this department before I get my hands working on my project. I have to complete a Project during this 10 weeks internship before continuing my last year of study in UM. 
I must admit now that being student is best!! As a student, your have all time in your life. You can do almost whatever you want with the flexible time you have. And now, as I am starting to work routinely from 8.30am-615pm, I have started to get the feel I dont like this routine. I don't like routine. I prefer randomness, (doesnt mean that I have messy life) because routine bores me out! I am fickle, I cant sit still, I like freedom much....lol...and this has led me to start thinking what I really want to do in future...=.=..
( i am not complaining or wanting to critisize the job I have now since I havent really started to work, I just read so far)

As, I am writing this, only I realize that I am being long winded again...lol...please bear with me and continue to read until the end of this post.

As Saturday came, I feel so blessed.(LOL)..I have all time for myself again. I can roll in the bed until whatever time I like to, texting my friends in bed and then sleep back again, or sleep very late in the night!
So in this particular Saturday morning, I woke up very early in the morning (535am to be precise!) to download new The Sims 3 world in my game..=.= and went back to bed, listening songs and playing with my iPad until I fall asleep again. 

Then at 12pm I went out with my friend, Mr T, and his friends to Ipoh some old obsolete mall to sing Karaoke...I had shouted throughout the session and blown these newly made friends away with my insanity. May be I should behave more appropriately next time, like being modest and sitting still when meeting new friends? 

Then in the evening, my friends brought me to eat Ipoh Nga Choi Kai (chicken with bean sprouts)...ok..i shall let my pictures do the talking. 

The food is nice overall. But it is just too oily. 
 I like how this bean sprout taste better when mixing with the keow teow soup. 
 Meh, nothing special....look at  the oil...
 We ate alot...I dunno why people here keep asking me to eat when I am so desperately wanting to get rid of my belly fat....Oily keow teow, oily scented rice, oily chicken, oily bean sprout...argghhh,......
 Pork ball...Is that how it is called? lol... Nothing special too, and I am not a pork ball fan anyway.
 This is the place where we had our dinner..very touristy sport. My facebook friend and Mr T family later 
said that we should have gone other places (less touristy) one to eat...


And at night, we had our Yum Cha session (wah I am so fast to get along with new friends loh) at Sidewalk Ice Cream Lounge. 
 This was mine. Rocky road Sundae...(suddenly feel amazed with my memory... I forget things fast previously, but now even this ice cream name I can also remember even after a day)


And in today's morning, I have to psych up myself to roll out my bed and being touristy again because I dont want to waste my time rolling in the bed for 10 weeks and go back penang/kl with nothing at all.....


When I say "being touristy" I mean we eat at very touristy places, touristy food, pay touristy prices.....
Hmmm...the fabled (at least for me) stall selling the fabled-ly smooth Tau Fu Fah. You have to queue to eat, just how I must do to eat the Pang Long Laksa at my place during Saturday and Sunday!!
 OK...It is really smooth. I think this is my first time to ever tasted white sugar based Tau Fu Fah loh...I only ate brown sugar one before...
 And we also got Da Bao the famous egg tart too!
The aromatic egg taste/smell is lingering in the mouth as I crunched on these crunchy egg tarts.



So, where should I go and food I must try ? Any suggestions from those who come from Ipoh?



No comments :

Total Pageviews